Invisalign Lake Worth, FL & Greenacres, FL
While many people dread wearing metal braces, many patients are excited about the prospect of wearing Invisalign invisible braces. It is a popular orthodontic treatment that dentists believe can help a significant portion of patients who have relatively minor orthodontic problems. At Big Smile Dentistry, our dentists in Lake Worth, FL and Greenacres, FL offer Invisalign treatment to patients at both of our offices.
The Invisalign Way
Almost everyone wants a perfect, straight and beautiful smile. In fact, a Kelton Global survey discovered that the most positive first impressions occur due to an attractive set of teeth. With Invisalign, crooked or misaligned teeth are straightened using clear plastic trays instead of metal devices. Invisible aligners are as effective as braces in repositioning the teeth to improve the appearance of your smile.
How Does Invisalign Work?
Invisalign aligner trays are designed to gently force your teeth to conform to their shape over a specific period of time—usually six to 12 months. Once the first tray does its job, it’s time to wear the next one—this process continues every two weeks or so. After your Alexandria dentist confirms that the treatment is complete, you’ll use the final aligner tray as your retainer every night while sleeping.
Why Choose Invisalign?
- Faster treatment: With weekly aligner changes, you’re on your way to the smile you want even faster. Depending on your response to treatment, particularly in mature adults, we may consider longer periods between aligner changes.
- Proven results: SmartTrack® material and SmartForce® features are clinically proven to improve control of tooth movement with Invisalign clear aligners.
- Better fit: Aligners made from SmartTrack material are comfortable, fit well, and are easy to put on and take off.
- Effective: Invisalign clear aligners can treat a wide range of teeth-straightening conditions, including crossbites, crowding, open bites, gapped teeth, overbites, and underbites.
- Virtually invisible: Most people won’t even know you’re going through treatment, because Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible!
- Comfortable: Invisalign clear aligner trays are not only smooth and comfortable to wear, but they’re also removable. That means you can continue doing all the things you normally would, from brushing and flossing to eating whatever you like.
- Convenient: Invisalign treatment is ideal for your busy schedule, since you only need to visit our office every six weeks.
Why Do People Prefer Invisalign Over Braces?
There are a few key reasons why dental patients specifically ask for Invisalign over metal or ceramic braces. Explore whether these reasons apply to your unique case:
- They are working professionals who are required to speak often at business meetings and conferences (the trays can be removed at will)
- They want to be able to enjoy their favorite foods that aren’t easy to eat when wearing permanent braces (like corn on the cob)
- They don’t want to experience the discomfort that is common in the early stages of wearing metal braces
- The treatment period for Invisalign is usually shorter compared to traditional braces